We have one of the largest selections of kids' snowboards on the web, a super knowledgeable staff and expert guides.
Height and weight are both important derterminants in selecting the correct size snowboard for kids. A good rule of thumb is that youth snowboards should come up somewhere between the child's chest and chin. You will find individual size charts on individual snowboard product detail pages for each of the snowboards we sell. Need a starting point? Use the Kids' Snowboard Size Chart below.
To find the correct size snowboard:
- Measure your child's height and weight.
- Locate their height on the chart below.
- Match their height with the corresponding snowboard length in the right column.
- If your child is between two of the heights listed, find their weight on the chart. If they are light for their height, size their snowboard close to the shorter end of the range, and if they are heavy for their height, go with something on the longer end of the range.
Height and weight are based off of the 50th percentile for children for each age listed on the left side of the chart.
|Age (yrs) ||Height (in) ||Height (cm)||Weight (lbs)||Weight (kg)||Snowboard Length (cm) |
Reasons to size kids' snowboards shorter, closer to the chest:
- They are a beginner or cautious snowboarder.
- Their weight is lighter than average for their height.
- They like to make short, quick turns and seldom ride fast.
Reasons to size kids' snowboards longer, closer to the nose
Learn more with our other Snowboard Guides:Snowboards – How to Choose & Size ChartSnowboards – Rocker TechnologySnowboard Boots – How to Choose & Fit GuideSnowboard Boots – How to Put On Your BootsSnowboard Bindings – How to Choose & Compatibility GuideSnowboarding – How to Get in ShapeThis is evo. We are a ski, snowboard, wake, skate and clothing online retailer with physical stores in Seattle and Portland. Our goal is to provide you with great information to make your purchase easy.
- They are riding fast and aggressively.
- They weigh more than average for their height.
- You want to purchase a snowboard with room to grow. Children grow fast and there are boots and outerwear designed to accomodate this, but no "adjustable" length boards. However, sizing a snowboard outside of their recomended range can limit progression and put a damper on how much fun they have.
Still have questions? Please give our customer care team a call at 866-386-1590, Customer Care Hours. They can hlp you find the right snowboard to fit your needs.