evo Size and Buying Guides - We have one of the largest selections of kids' skis on the web, a super knowledgeable staff and expert guides.
Youth skis should come up somewhere between the child's chest and nose. Weight can also help you to size kids skis see the chart below.
Height and weight are both important derterminants in selecting the correct size skis for kids. A good rule of thumb is that youth skis should come up somewhere between the child's chest and nose. You will find individual size charts on individual ski product detail pages for each of the skis we sell. Need a starting point? Use the Kids' Ski Size Chart below.
To find the correct size skis:
- Measure your child's height and weight.
- Locate that height on the chart below.
- Your child might be between two of the heights listed; in that case find their weight on the chart. If they are light for their height, you're going to size a ski to the shorter height, and therefore will end up with shorter skis. If they are heavy for their height, you'll go off the taller height and end up with longer skis.
- Line up this final height with the corresponding ski length in the right column to get the correct ski size range. Below the chart we have put together reasons to size up or down within this range.
||Ski Length (cm)
Height and weight are based off of the 50th percentile for children for each age listed on the left side of the chart.
Reasons to size kids' skis shorter, closer to the chest:
- They are a beginner or cautious skier.
- Their weight is lighter than average for their height.
- They like to make short, quick turns and seldom ski fast.
Reasons to size kids' skis longer, closer to the nose
- They are skiing fast and aggressively.
- They weigh more than average for their height.
- You want to purchase a ski with room to grow. Children grow fast and there are boots and outerwear designed to accomodate this, however, we do not recommend sizing their skis much bigger than the recommended range.
Shop all Kids' Skis
Learn more with our other Ski Guides below:
Skis – How to Choose & Size Chart
Skis – Rocker Technology
Alpine Touring Skis – How to Choose
Skis – Weight Chart
Ski Boots – How to Choose & Fit Guide
Ski Boots – Size Chart
Ski Boots – How to Try On
Ski Boots – How to Make Your Boots Fit Better
Alpine Touring Ski Boots – How to Choose
Ski Boots – Weight Chart
Ski Boots – Boot Sole Length Chart
Ski Bindings – How to Choose & DIN Setting Chart
Alpine Touring Ski Bindings – How to Choose
Ski Bindings – Weight Chart
Ski Poles – Size Chart
Skiing – How to Get in Shape
This is evo. We are a ski, snowboard, wake, skateboard and clothing retailer online with a physical store in Seattle. Our goal is to provide you with great information to make your purchase easy.
Still have questions? Please give our customer care team a call at 866-386-1590, Customer Care Hours. They can help you find the right skis to fit your needs.